This is a net price sale of early Twentieth Century African-American
paper memorabilia. Lots are sold on a first-come, first-served
basis. We urge our customers to contact us to reserve lots before
sending payment. We will hold reserved lots for ten days, to allow
time for payment to arrive.
HOW TO ORDER:
FOR SHIPMENT TO U.S. ADDRESSES:
Please email email@example.com or phone the lot numbers of the material that you want, to confirm availability. If the answering machine is on, leave your name and phone number AND THE LOT NUMBERS, so that we can check availability before returning your call. (Please tell us the best time to return the call, so that we have a good chance of reaching you.) After receiving confirmation, send your written order by regular mail, including your check or money order for the amount of the total. Make all checks and money orders payable to: Jim Mehrer. Full payment must accompany all orders. ILLINOIS RESIDENTS: Add 7.5% state sales tax to your total.
NOTE: If you must, you may FAX the list of lots that you want us to reserve. BUT, if you do, we ask that you INCLUDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS to receive confirmation of availability. For us to confirm by return FAX (or phone call) is generally very time-consuming and expensive. We'd really rather that you call or email firstname.lastname@example.org us.
FOR SHIPMENT TO INTERNATIONAL ADDRESSES:
Please email email@example.com or phone the lot numbers of the material that you want, to confirm availability and to receive a price quote for the required amount of postage for the shipment. We PREFER that you do this by email firstname.lastname@example.org ; but, if you call, you'll have the best chance of reaching us between 9 AM and 8 PM Central Time, Monday through Thursday. If the answering machine is on, leave your name and THE LOT NUMBERS, so that we can check availability; then CALL US BACK the next day. (We will not return international phone calls.)
After receiving confirmation, send your written order by air mail, including your money order for the amount of the total. All drafts must be in U.S. dollars only, payable to: Jim Mehrer. Full payment must accompany all orders.
NOTE: If you must, you may FAX the list of lots that you want us to reserve. BUT, if you do, you MUST INCLUDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS to receive confirmation of availability. We will NOT acknowledge fax requests by return fax or phone call.
PAYMENT: Please pay by check or money order (U.S. funds only), to:
Rock Island, IL 61201 USA
(BE SURE to confirm availability before sending your order. See "How to Order" above.)
We DO NOT accept CHARGE CARDS, and HERE'S WHY: We talked to the charge card companies, but they want 5 percent off the top of whatever we sell, and we don't feel like giving it to them. (Before you write and tell us that we can negotiate a better deal than 5 percent, we know that. But whether it's 3 or 4 or 5 percent, we still don't feel like raising the prices to "cover" it, as they say.) Maybe someday we'll do it, as soon as we're convinced that most of our customers want us to raise our prices. Please email us if you want higher prices.
Phone : (309) 786-6539
Fax : (309) 786-4840
* CONDITIONS OF SALE *
1. Lots are sold on a first-come, first-served basis only.
2. All lots are offered at the net prices shown. This is NOT our mail bid sale list. Anyone who is unwilling to pay the price shown for a particular item should skip it and go on to the next item. Please do NOT email or call us to make lower offers on the material on this list. If a particular lot remains on the list too long, then we might decide to change the price someday. Feel free to check back anytime to see if the lot is still available at a reduced price, or if someone else has purchased it.
3. All lots must be paid in full before we will ship. We suggest that you reserve lots before sending payment. See the explanations under the heading "HOW TO ORDER" at the top of this page.
4. Because condition is such an important factor for most paper material, a photocopy service is available. For PHOTOCOPIES, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, plus 10 cents per each two copies requested. Please be sure that your envelope is franked with adequate postage. You MUST include postage and payment with your photocopy request. We are unable to invoice you for our photocopy service.
5. This is NOT an approval service. We feel that all lots listed have been accurately identified, described and graded. However, any lot which has been improperly described may be returned for credit or a refund provided such returns are made WITHIN FIVE DAYS of receipt of material. Material offered "AS IS" is NOT returnable for ANY reason.
8. The placing of an order shall constitute acceptance of the foregoing conditions.
For collectors of postal history, covers, postcards, stamps,
etc. We conduct six postal history mail bid sales per year, offering
thousands of lots in each sale. When a sale is in progress, our
current catalog will be posted on this site.
We also offer a selection of postal history literature, and a broad line of supplies for collectors and dealers.
Our "Links" page contains links to other dealers and collectors. We provide links either on a reciprocal basis or for a quarterly rate. Details are available on request.
Comments? Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Visitor counter provided by http://www.digits.com/:Note: this counter is occasionally reset due to change of programs or other reasons. For the record: from June 25, 1996, to February 27, 1998, more than 25,000 visitors accessed our site.
©2002 Jim Mehrer. REPRODUCTION OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE, IN PART OR WHOLE, IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.